For the Week Ending September 16, 2016
- Opinions vary on the likelihood of a Fed policy rate increase at next week's meeting. Markets are volatile as traders prepare for what they think will happen.
- Central bank economic stimulus overseas has been helping U.S. bond yields remain low but is now waning. Higher bond yields could cause mortgage rates to increase.
- A strong jobs report and firming inflation pressured rates and fueled volatility this week. On the flip side, retail sales slumped.
- According to CoreLogic, 548,000 homeowners regained equity in Q2. That brings the percentage of homes in the U.S. with positive equity to almost 93%.
- Foreclosure inventory continues to dwindle. CoreLogic reports that foreclosure inventory declined 29.1% in July, and was down 16.5% year-over-year.
- Mortgage applications for purchase transactions were up 9%, signaling a stronger fall market ahead. Although up slightly, mortgage rates are still near record lows.
On this week's premiere of "Dancing With the Stars," two men rushed the stage as Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte received his scores. Security stopped them within about 10 seconds, or as Lochte put it, "They kidnapped me, put a gun to my head, and dropped me off at the Grand Canyon!"
- Jimmy Fallon, "The Tonight Show"
Area Manager NMLS ID # 132702
NMLS ID # 6666 (www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org)
Envoy Mortgage LTD, NMLS #6666
All applications are subject to credit approval. Program terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Some products may not be available in all states. Other restrictions and limitations may apply. This is not a commitment to lend. Envoy Mortgage Ltd. #6666, 5100 Westheimer Rd., #320, Houston, TX 77056, 877-232-2461; AR Banker/Broker/Servicer License #103315 - AZ Mortgage Banker Licensee – License #0908096; Licensed by the Department of Business Oversight under the California Residential Mortgage Lending Act License #413 0597; CO Mortgage Company Registration # 6666, Regulated by the Division of Real Estate; Licensed by the Delaware State Bank Commissioner Licensed Lender Licensee #011264; Georgia Residential Mortgage Licensee License #23619; Illinois Residential Mortgage Licensee – License #MB.6759338; MA Mortgage Lender Licensee – License #M C6666; MA Mortgage Broker Licensee – License #MC6666; Licensed by the Mississippi Department of Banking and Consumer Finance License #6666; Envoy Mortgage Limited Partnership – Licensed by the New Hampshire Banking Department License #14552-MB; Licensed by the N.J. Department of Banking and Insurance NMLS #6666; Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Department of Financial Services, License #B500979, 746 Merrick Rd., Baldwin, NY 11510; OH Mortgage Broker Act Certificate of Registration # MB.804190.000, SM.501928.000; OR Mortgage Lending Licensee #ML-3933; Rhode Island Licensed Lender – License # 20092627LL; Rhode Island Licensed Loan Broker – License # 20122861LB; TX Mortgage Banker Registration- NMLS #6666; TX Regulated Loan License #42377. This office is licensed and examined by the Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner of the State of Texas; Virginia NMLS ID#6666 (www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org) – Lender License and Broker License # MC3021; Envoy Mortgage Ltd d/b/a Envoy Mortgage, L.P.- WA Consumer Loan Company License # CL-6666 – http://nmlsconsumeraccess.org
This is not a commitment to lend. Envoy Mortgage Ltd. - NMLS # 6666